Thursday, January 27, 2011

Show Worthy? Help Me Decide ...

I'm thinking about entering a local photo contest. Actually, it's bigger than that. Its a national contest that will be held locally, with the top 50 entries to displayed at a very prestigious art center here in town. I'm certain of two things ... 1) It's very likely out of my league and 2) I don't care, I want to enter anyway :) What I don't know, is what to enter!

There's no subject category for this contest and there's only one entry per applicant.Eeeeks! What to enter?! Below are a few I picked that I feel have a certain essence, but judging one's own art is a just a weird thing. Of course I'm going to have attachment to it, it's my vision, my memory ... how do I know if I'm being too sentimental, too judgemental?

So I'm hoping for input ... please give me your votes, opinions, suggestions ...

Enchanted


Sunset Meringue

Kings of The Road
 
Boy Watching Sunset

Living The Life

Romantic Flame

Fantastical Friday


Dogs Life



I'm leaning towards the Kings of The Road because I thinks it's a sharp image, has a photojournalistic quality to it (street scene), with an unexpected twist of characters.

What do you think?


PS: You don't have to be a blogger member to post a comment; just select "comment as: anonymous".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ay Chrissie, go with Roger Miller, as I don't think he will mind an extra letter in the title, Kings of the road, is my choice. You, a rooster, and a biker, not the every day event, at the same time, in most city's. Good Luck !!. Luv Diane & Jamey

Christine Stonebridge said...

Thanks for the input! I've gotten 2 for "Enchanted" so far, and 2 for "Kings" and 1 vote for Kings, with a "but I LOVE Tug in Living Life ... so I guess that'll be saved as a swing vote, lol.

rdl said...

great shots!! my favs are the 1st 2 and the last.

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I love the "King". And Tug in the pool is awesome.
These other shots are great. Really interesting images.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...