Saturday, January 8, 2011

Finding New Life From The Old

Broken, but No Less Interesting
Nikon D90, Nikkor 85mm Macro Lens, f/5.6, ISO-360

Ties That Bind
Nikon D90, Nikkor 85mm Macro Lens, f5.6, ISO-320
Here We Rest
Nikon D90, Nikkor 85mm Macro Lens, f8, ISO-250, Sepia Tone

I am a self described pack-rat! Honestly, it would be absurd of me not to openly admit this. A visit to our home will instantly reveal this. We have an eclectic collection of knick-knacks and mementos (both inside and out). Thankfully, my husband is not a minimalist and actually appreciates my creative side and very often contributes to the rediscovery and/or placement of said items.

These pieces of pottery are just a few of many examples of old treasures that find new life. In its first life here, the broken one was in the company of like little pots, that hung from the eve of our front porch. Over the years, the sun and heat dry-rotted the hemp and one by one, they fell to the rocks below (most intact, amazingly enough). I wasn't ready to give up on any them though, initially intending to "someday" re-string them (somehow including the broken one). On a recent cleaning frenzy, however, I faced the likelihood that this would not happen and decided that, if not to be discarded, they should be displayed; and so made homes for them among the garden rocks. Besides being pleased with the results, I inadvertently created another "go to" place for photos (bonus)!

Wishes to all that you can find a new way of looking at things in this new year, 2011!

xoxo

PS: If you're following me from facebook (and like my blog), please hit the "Like" button on the right column, just under the slideshow (shameless plug!). Heather wants some company there! lol

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chrissie, Just love the photo's, very clear & sharp.the pack rat thing runs in the family,(this I know 4 I M 1 2). Diane & I, do the same thing.Not surprized Ray likes it, he is also creative.I think you would do well with B & W photo's,as you have a good eye,enjoy your classes!!. Love Diane & Jamey

Christine Stonebridge said...

Hi Jamey! Thank you, Thank you & Thank you! For visiting, for your compliments and (perhaps most of all, lol) for validating the family history of pack-ratting! As Grampy said; "you [all] see a flat surface as an opportunity to stack things on it" (perhaps not word for word, but in gist anyways). xoxo!

Prettypics123 said...

I really like that last composition. I like it in sepia also. Your work is inspiring!

Christine Stonebridge said...

Thanks so much, Levonne!

Andrea said...

Ok!
Very good shots.
You have a very good eye for composition!
Bye

Christine Stonebridge said...

Thanks for all your comments, Andrea. My aunt (Just Painting) also tells me I have a good eye for composition, which is such a rewarding compliment! I'm tickled you enjoyed your visit to my blog and hope you return in the future :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...