Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More from the Gardens ...

A few more pics from our trip to Naples Botanical Gardens.

So many nooks and crannies to this place! There was a tiny garden, near the entrance to the Butterfly house, that reminded me a bit of the treasures in our own yard (the pottery post). Besides the Unicycle and huge Toad pictured below, there were a variety of unexpected items used as planters: handbags, a pair of ladies cowboy boots, even a toaster! It was all very artsy, interesting and, in some cases (an aqua colored toilet), humorous.

Unicycle finds new Life as Garden Art

Honey Bee with full Pollen Sacs


Huge Toad! I almost expected his tongue to whip out and grab a bug!

Macro Monarch

In the Butterfly House ... My, what pretty colors you have!
I really loved this shoe! Hope to catch it again, in better light next time.

In the Butterfly House ... My, what pretty wings you have!


I have a few more to share from this adventure ... next post :)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...