Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Walk In The Park (Naples National Art Festival)

32nd Annual Naples National Art Festival
hosted by The Von Liebig Art Center

I met up with my Aunt Mary (Ree) this past Sunday at Cambier Park for the Art Festival. There were well over two hundred artists and I couldn't even begin to guess how many visitors. The Von Liebig certainly knows how to put on a well organized show.

There were plenty of items to "Ooh" and "Aah" over and here are just a few of the things that caught my eye ...








These wire sculpture/mobiles (by Michael Gard) were absolutely beautiful! They're hand-woven with wire, in a multi-step process and range in size from 12" to life size. I could definitely see one of these hanging from our porch (Lotto dreams!) ...




Wind Vane Sculpture by Andrew Carson

And amongst much of the expected forms of artistry on display, was the completely unexpected ... these amazingly life-like wax sculptures. The little girl's body language and expression says it all

"Scepticism"

The Security Officer

Pinky, Ree & Butler Bob


My only regret was that I didn't better document my pics (to give credit where credit was due)! My sincere apologies to the fine artists. Only one thing to do, remember the lesson for the next adventure ... 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...