Sunday, February 20, 2011

Life is a Photo-Adventure

This post is a bit lenghthier than I usually prefer, but some stories just take longer to tell.

We took off work a bit early last Friday, loaded up the boat (and the Tugboat) and headed out for a "one-star meal, at a five-star location" with my brother, Win, and his girlfriend, Heather... hot dogs on Key Waden. This refers to an inside joke of my brothers' ... when they come to our house for Ray's cooking, they refer to is as a "five-star meal at a one-star price" (he referred to my cooking, a meatloaf, as "depression era food", but that's another story, lol). We actually bumped this evenings rating to a three-star meal, because we added cheeseburgers with lettuce and tomato to the mix (the fact that we forgot to bring the cheese, or use the lettuce and tomato is besides the point - it's the thought that counts, right? Right!) ...

Tugboat ... "Are we there yet?"


Come Sit by the Fire

In my quest to get off "auto" (not that I'm knocking auto), I'm starting to selectively use Aperture Priority and my new "sport" pistol-grip, carbon-fiber tripod ... with very pleasing results!

I suggest viewing these full size - just click on the photo

The Sunset is always brighter on the other side of the Fence
I say f/6.3 ... camera says 1/250, ISO-250


I love this silhouette
I say f/20 ... camera says 30s, ISO-250


Marco Island in the fading Sunset (I love the violet hues)
I say f/9 ... camera says 20s, ISO-250

Lights of Marco
I say f/10 ... camera says 30s, ISO-250

Moon Rise
I say f/8 ... camera says 30s, ISO-250

Glow from Naples
I say f/3.5 ... camera says 25s, ISO-250

Marvelous Night for a Moon Dance
I say f/32 ... camera says 30s, ISO-250

Burgers & dogs Cooked over an open Fire (this added that third star!)
f/4 ... camera says 1/15s, ISO-720

Back to Auto, due to taking this shot from a moving boat (no time for practice shots and thoughtful consideration). I took four shots and got it on the last one. I'm super pleased with the capture.
Cove Inn - Naples Bay
f4.8, 0.6s, ISO-1600
I'm slowly getting a grasp of the relationships between Aperture, Speed, ISO and Exposure Value and have that feeling of anticipation that, with more practice and study, an epiphany is on my horizon, lol.

5 comments:

heather said...

Loved this post, Chris! Roflmao!!! The pictures are amazing - Great job! And thanks again... had a blast :)

Christine Stonebridge said...

Thanks, Heather! For the visit, the compliment and you're company! It's always a pleasure hanging with you two (mine sweets!) ... xoxo

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Chrissie, your photos are amazing!!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

The one of the sun through the grass is an award winner.

Christine Stonebridge said...

Thanks, Ree!!! Your compliments are a huge boost!:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...