Monday, November 15, 2010

Ft Myers Beach

I went to Ft Myers Beach this past Saturday for the annual Sandsculpting Contest. As it turned out, I spent much of the day getting there. I hadn't bothered to look up exactly where it was being held and so I parked by the pier. I love walking the beach, so I headed south at a liesurely pace. By the time I realized just how far away it was, I was already committed to the journey on what came to be a 4+ mile walkathon. I also failed to realize, the that settings on my lense had been put back to factory defaults (duh!). No matter; it's not always about where your going, but how you get there ... and remembering just how lucky you are to be wearing shorts in November :) 

I couldn't help but notice a theme ... Pelican, Parachute, Palm, Person

Osprey Catching Lunch

Gizmo & Nikki - regular visitors from Ohio
This one of the Egret is my favorite of the day
Snowy Egret

Double Crested Cormorant Resting on One Leg
Snowy Egret, Full of Hope

All and all, a fabulous day. More on the Sandcastles next post :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...